Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. This year the holiday feels very different. It feels like Thursday ... not a day set aside to be thankful. At first, this made me sad. Then I realized ... it's because everyday has become Thanksgiving for me. Truly. Everyday I spend time with my loved ones. Everyday I note my blessings ... they are impossible to miss. Here's just a sampling of what my life has been like the last six months:
  • My company has gone out of its way to ensure that I can keep my job ... even from afar.
  • Because my company has gone out of its way, my team members have gone out of there way to pick up my slack!
  • Through Fix Up Chuck, people have donated close to 3,000 dollars.
  • Our church family raised almost 8,000 dollars for us. ( Makes me feel very George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life.")
  • I have a comfy bed, excellent company, and great cooking thanks to Mom and Dad.
  • My brother-in-law, Greg, is out running marathons to raise money for Chuck.
  • Then there's Chuck ... every day with him is a gift from God.