Sunday, November 26, 2006

I've been asking for prayers for Chuck's health ... it's time to pray that he survives ME. I just might strangle him if does not get better. He's doing the best he can. He feels miserable, yet he tries to please me (too sweet!) He tries to eat small portions ... only to throw them back up. I have this sick drive to keep pushing him ... I will not rest until he is well ... alas, I'm tired! So in my mind, he'd better step it up so we can get some rest. Fair? Not at all.

Today at chapel, the chaplain talked about self care ... for those of us looking after loved ones. "You cannot fill someone else's cup if yours is empty." Mine's bone dry. Thankfully, I have a trip home this week.

Pray for me ... that I know when to push and that I know when to gently comfort. I just might get myself arrested for assault with a high-protein drink, "Ma'am, step away from the Ensure."