Sunday, November 05, 2006

And now back to Chuck:

Lots o' activity during the night ... as a result of yesterday's illness. I know many of you know what it's like to be full of apprehension and questions, waiting 12 hours for 5 minutes of the doctor's time. And then the concerns turn out to be nothing of any consequence. So this morning I was PLEASANTLY suprised when the charge nurse came in, sat with me for about 15 minutes and discussed what's going on with Chuck ... HUGE blessing. Ya see, he was puking up black stuff yesterday. As has become my way ... I rushed to the nurse ... what's up with the black puke?? She assured me it was bile and stomache acid ... or what the rest of the staff refers to as BLOOD. Now the words of my mentor rushed in to save me from another bout of "Jan ... what were you thinking? How could you let this happen to Chuck???" She always told me, "You can't know what you don't know."

Good news, if Chuck is indeed bleeding somewhere, it's a slow leak. He's been x-rayed and tested to rule in or out possible causes of the black puke. The results show no immediate danger. Also - all eyes are on him now, looking for any signs of distress.

More good news, the puking has stopped. Please pray all is well!