Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wonder of wonders...my sleeping pattern has returned. My sleeping habits were a source of "material" for my beloved funny guy. I was a full-contact sleeper...utilizing all of the bed, covers, pillows. Though we had a KING, Chuck was relegated to the tiniest corner, if he got that much room. At some point in Chuck's hospitalization...while sleeping alone, my body revolted and stayed in one spot...all night. Once Chuck died, his side of the bed remained untouched...covers pulled up tight, pillows in place...not even a toe ventured over there...until now. I have to laugh...I know Chuck is thinking, "Well, now we now how to get you to stay put at night...." It reminds me of a Disney story...an evil witch put a curse on a fair princess...the only way she could share a bed comfortably with another was to experience a pain so deep...so profound. The prince, unable to bear such an edict for his beloved, opted to let the princess wander all over the bed, kicking and stealing covers, pillows, and space...so that her heart could remain happy and light....

Alas, my habits have returned...woke up this morning and it looked like a tornado had hit...it's good to be back.