Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Whew, that was a rough one...sorta like a contraction before birth! THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT.

God...always right on time, waited until I was ready to be presented with this tidbit: my grief does not define me. Unbeknownst to me, I had snuggled cozily into my WIDOW status. Once you take on an identity, everything in your life gives way to it. I've been wearing the WIDOW tag like a badge of honor...as if to say, "I may look normal, but my heart has been ripped from my chest and handed back to me. BUT I SURVIVED." I did not realize I had done this NOR did I realize that I had fallen in to a victim roll. Though my grief is profound and rocks me to my core, I will no longer take it on as an identity. CHRIST defines me. I am his...I am a child of God and he has promised to meet all my needs.

Thank you again for the prayers and comfort during my insanity.