Sunday, April 13, 2008

I heard this song on the radio and it brought back my last day with Chuck...Sunday, before everyone arrived. I wanted to sing to him...to comfort him...to reach his spirit and speak my love. Since God firmly planted these lyrics into me, I gave them away to my Chuckito. In hopes he would feel my heart...my awe...the depth of my love for him. "You make everything glorious and I am yours...what does that make me?"...that's all I could remember. So with cracking voice...with my heart breaking, I sang to Chuck. As he lay dying...he was glorious...I kept thinking of Ecclesiastes 3:11 "God has made everything beautiful for its own time...." As unthinkable as it was...God was showing me the beauty of this moment with Chuck...this exquisite ache...as we gathered our strength for what was before us...as husband and wife...it was glorious.