Monday, February 04, 2008

LEGACY...that's what I think of when I think of Toast's passing. We lost our dear friend this past weekend. Still few facts. All we know for sure is that he is with Jesus. Toast was a tireless champion for kids. What a guy.

We have lost a GREAT man. Though I know Chuck is thrilled to be hanging out with him, the rest of us are saddened. Toast, on the other hand, was such a lover of Christ-for him this is a victory. He has finished his race and we all KNOW he was met with a "Well done good and faithful servant."

What a delight Toast was! I've read some "snippets" of posts from a blog honoring Toast. My favorites include:

He often reminded me of the Pied Piper as he would lead the boys around camp!

He was always filled with such enthusiasm for life.

He gave everything of himself for the sake of the children he served.

As you may remember, Toast was a former camper, and long time summer staff member of Texas Lions Camp. Over the years, Toast has continued to volunteer at Texas Lions Camp, and raised money every year for TLC by running in the Houston Marathon.

To serve children in need is to honor his memory.

I will be looking through old posts, to locate some of the inspirational writings from the man himself. For now I will leave you with a song that pegs him perfectly: