Monday, January 21, 2008

Sometimes all it takes is a tiny black dot on a clean sheet of paper to bring everything into focus. I visited with a grief counselor today, and she was incredibly helpful-asking all the right questions. She reminded me that Chuck's life was not limited to his death. That whole sheet of paper represented Chuck's life. The tiny dot was his death...his 15 months in the hospital and its culmination...it happened once and then it was done. My life has become centered on that tiny dot-that moment in time that is overshadowing what was...what truly was Chuck's life. I praise God for this ray of hope. If that dot was Chuck's agony...perhaps my agony can be but a dot as well. Perhaps there will be more. I know God promises that...I know this is just a season...sometimes it just takes...well, you get it.