Monday, May 29, 2006

Chuck opened his eyes for about 30 seconds yesterday, and occasionally responded to the question, "Can you hear me?" They are weaning him off of the morphine drip, so he is more responsive. Today, they will try to wean him off of the respirator again. Also, I’ll be able to find out the results of all the tests they performed on Saturday – testing his lungs, a CT scan of his abdomen. The doctors are not readily available on the weekends. What, they think they should have time to see their families of something?? Seriously though, I feel that if anything had been questionable concerning the tests, they would have notified me immediately.

I’ll let you know how today goes. Please pray for Chuck’s comfort. It will be a rough ol' day for him. Please pray for my strength. It's hard to see him so uncomfortable. Pray that I remain calm. I’ve come to the point where I’ve reached the end of myself and need to lean heavily on God for strength. Of course, he’s thinking, “Well, it’s about time, sweetie!”

Love you all!