Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dear merciful heavens! Christy, Toast, James, Mindy, Liz...thank you. Thanks to all of you who read my rant and offered a prayer or a warm thought. I feel so incredibly supported. Wow, the wisdom you people have just blows me away. Everything that was written will be stored in my heart for future reference. XXOO

Chuck had a big turn-around yesterday! Thank you, God. He was feeling good and looking great. Yesterday was a big turn-around for me as well. Chuck had an issue with a nurse, and I threw on my superwoman cape to rescue him...then God gently nudged me. "Hey, Chuck can take this one." We called the nurse in and Chuck handled EVERYTHING. You know Chuck. He succinctly covered these bases: this is what I wanted to happen; this is what happened; this is what I expect to happen in the future. I almost cried. That's my MAN.

Chuck's wounds are doing well. He is eating again. (I am holding my breath...hoping for the best. Let's hope I don't pass out.) If he continues to feel well, he'll be able to do therapy and trache trials.

Just a note on the wounds. It takes a great number of calories to heal the body. Once one of the wounds heals, his body can redistribute the calories to better heal the other wounds. I think this is amazing! Let's pray for happy healing.