Monday, March 26, 2007

Chuck is sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. He feels lousy...and he so much wants to feel "good"! It just breaks my heart.

He is clearly not getting good nutrition...it just keeps leaking out. We've called for the surgeon again...hoping to find "the way" to stop the flow.

Last night Chuck had to go on the ventilator for a couple of hours. Who knows why...perhaps because he's so weak from poor nutrition?? In any case, he's also been switched back to the speaking valve rather than the red cap. It's been so long since he's taken backward steps!!! It's quite discouraging after his long run of forward motion!

Perhaps I should take a moment to count my blessings? I'm feeling oh so sad...and really want to throw a pity party! Know what...I'll count my blessings later. Perhaps it's time to grieve a little. I'm learning, ain't nothing wrong with feeling blue...it's a God-given emotion.